2. House Hunting
- Now that you know how much you are qualified to spend on a house, we can really get to work. Tell me what you think you need and/or want and I'll set you up with an MLS (Multiple Listing Service) search. It will send you automatic emails of listings that meet your search parameters. The search parameters are easy to change once you get a better feel for the market. When you see something you like, take a drive by the house. How does the neighborhood look? How does the house look on the outside? If the house passes your outside test, send me an email with the MLS listing number and the address. I will set up an appointment for you and me to view the house. Depending upon your schedule, we can see many houses within a few hours time.
- Just a few of the things that can go into an MLS search: price, area of town, number of bedrooms, bathrooms, garages, square footage, lot size, age of structure.
- Think to the future . . . how long do you intend to live in the house? What is your lifestyle?
- Are you planning to have children? Will you need more bedrooms or a larger yard? How about easy access from a master bedroom to a nursery? Where are the schools?
- Are you planning to retire or to travel? How much maintenance can you keep up with if you're frequently away? Will physical limitations keep you from using stairs? Is there enough storage?